Being a human can be exhausting.
Other people and professionals will tell you that you’re tired because of your sleep cycle, screen time, or your diet and exercise.
Although those things play a factor in your health (no contest), the biggest energy drain I see with people (and experienced myself) is the amount of energy it takes to dismiss and disrespect ourselves.
Most of the time, you may not even recognize the amount of energy you are losing by beating yourself down.
When you have a reaction of anger towards a situation, and then filter it because you can see the other person’s side/the reason makes sense/etc., you are dismissing yourself.
Most of the time, these draining thoughts sound nice, peaceful, and harmonious even. They align with the vision of yourself that you want to be–your “best and highest self”
● I understand what led them to do what they did
● It’s okay, they probably have a good reason
● I don’t believe there was malintent when they forgot to invite me
Even these nice “sunshine” versions of dismissal are harming. This reinforces in your brain that
● other people are right and I’m wrong
● I can’t trust myself or my feelings
● Negative emotions are harmful
● I DON’T MATTER
Well Buttercup, let me REMIND YOU that…
How you feel matters.
How you think matters. YOUR PRESENCE MATTERS!
You don’t have to be perfect.
You don’t have to be nice.
You don’t have to put up with people’s sh*tty treatment of you.
You just get to be your beautiful, messy, imperfect, emotional, introverted self.
Reach out if you ever need this reminder. I’m happy to give it because you deserve it!
I want to invite you to come work with me to unravel yourself from the twisted societal beliefs you’ve unconsciously taken on in order to be a “good person.”
As of this writing, I have two ways to work with me:
1. One-on-one for 6 months. We meet each week for 45-60 min. and dive deep into this work of unshaming and retraining your brain. Let’s chat and see if we’re a good fit for each other.
2. My new intimate group coaching program, Fu⊄k the Formula: 6 Weeks of Discovery, Deconditioning, & Design. It’s exactly what it sounds like. It’s the foundation to unlocking the vivid and alive life you’ve desperately been hoping for.
I had a client today who is nearing the end of their current coaching package and we discussed the changes he has experienced during our work together. This is what he had to say:
hours minutes seconds
Fu⊄k the Formula Registration Closes – Sept. 26 8am MT